A woman who recently moved to the valley said she chose the wrong apartment and came to 13 Action News for help.
It started with a leaking air conditioner a few weeks after Sajada Jones moved into her apartment.
She said six different times she called management to tell them it was leaking, and each time they fixed it, it started leaking again. Then she found mold in her unit.
"I found different spots in the apartment in which mold is consistent: underneath the bathroom sink, within the vent of the A/C unit, and also some places in the kitchen," Jones said.
She believes the mold caused her most recent asthma attack in April, her first in ten years.
"Having to work from home and going through those conditions, it can be quite concerning," said Jones. "Also, I am pregnant. I'm in my second trimester. So if I can't breathe properly then my baby can't breathe properly."
Jones said things got so bad for her, she moved out and mailed back the keys.
"It does make me feel as though the issues are going unheard, as though I'm just another resident there to provide them with money," she said.
13 Action News wanted to find out what the Village Square management had to say for themselves.
We went to the office, but the local managers told us they were not allowed to comment.
We are waiting for a call back from one of the higher-ups.