A Las Vegas family says they are stuck in their apartment with their whole kitchen is torn up after maintenance found mold inside the walls.
When they moved into this apartment in April, Ishmael Hassan and his family had no idea what was behind the kitchen walls. They said there was water coming out of the floor, so they called maintenance.
"He came in and he looked around and pulled out stuff and he said, 'you got mildew and mold,'" said Hassan. "It was really bad, so he just started instantly chopping it out."
For the last week, they have been living with a kitchen that looks like it's under construction.
"It was crazy 'cause I've never been in a place with this kind of problem," said his mother, Dwayne Kidd. "Out of all the places I lived I never had this kind of problem."
You can see mold still stuck to the walls and even what looks like insect eggs.
"I just think that what's unfair is, they're in violation of their lease," Hassan said.
Further, everyone living there has recently been to the hospital, including his 2-year-old son.
13 Action News went to the office to see what they could do for the Hassans. Management had offered to put Hassan and his family in a hotel, but they didn't want to be without a kitchen.
After we talked with the manager, they had another option.
The management told us they would move them into another unit on the property, so they could go forward with spraying and getting rid of the mold.