Local News

Actions

Fire at Henderson PetSmart

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:44 AM, Mar 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-25 10:45:04-04

A fire at a PetSmart on West Lake Mead Parkway in Henderson broke out overnight.

The fire was reported at about 1 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters with the Henderson Fire Department observed heavy smoke coming from the facility's laundry room. They discovered a fire inside of a dryer in the laundry room.

The building's sprinkler system had been activated by the fire and helped contain it to the laundry room.

An employee who was working overnight actually called the fire in.

None of the 80 pets who were being kept in the store at the time were injured.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. Damage is estimated at $5,000.