The family had just sat down for dinner Tuesday night when they smelled something burning. They unplugged all the kitchen appliances before realizing the fire was in one of the bedrooms.
"We started calling 911 -- several of us. None of us could get through to it," Juan Juarez said.
Juarez said he called multiple times, not knowing about the problems the Communications Center was having.
Juarez is frustrated, anxious and sad after losing his home and his pet.
"All of the above. A combination of everything, mostly sad," he said.
This poor man was affected by the issues the Las Vegas Communications Center is having. He couldn't get through to 911. His dog died in a house fire tonight near Lamb & Wyoming.
Posted by Gina Lazara on Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Family loses dog in house fire after issues getting through to 911. City wide issue now. Full story at 11. @KTNV pic.twitter.com/nb0D0CRm4o
— Gina Lazara (@GinaLazara) February 3, 2016