Local News


Family claims daughter's mouth set on fire at dentist

Posted at 10:07 AM, Jan 04, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-04 14:11:00-05

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The lawsuit filed on Thursday alleges a 5-year-old girl ended up in the hospital after a routine dental procedure left her with serious burns to her mouth and hearing problems.

This allegedly stems from an appointment in January of last year.

The appointment was at Just for Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics to have multiple crowns put on her teeth.

After the girl was given anesthesia, a tool was used to prep the girl's teeth. The lawsuit alleges a spark was caused that caused the throat pack in the plaintiffs mouth to ignite and produce a fire.

She was taken to UMC Trauma where she spent 4 days to burns to the mouth. She was readmitted 6 days later for burns and hearing problems.

13 Action News reached out to the dentist and they are not releasing a comment at this time.