Local News


Dishwasher at Downtown Grand catches fire

Dishwasher at Downtown Grand catches fire
Posted at 4:03 PM, Dec 10, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-10 19:34:33-05
One employee was treated for burns on his hands after a dishwasher caught fire at Downtown Grand on Saturday.
The fire happened around 3:34 p.m. and was confined to the dishwasher. Officials say that a maintenance worker was using a propane torch on the dishwasher. The torch caught fire, spreading to the dishwasher and burning the employee.
The maintenance worker was taken to the hospital after being treated at the scene by paramedics. 
Officials say the situation is under control, though there is a slight haze in the building. One fire extinguisher was used to put out the flames.