Local NewsCrime


Clark County Detention Center inmate says he has no remorse for killing cellmate, according to police

Sergio Dominguez
Posted at 2:35 PM, May 10, 2021
and last updated 2021-05-11 09:37:07-04

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — An inmate at Clark County Detention Center is being charged with the murder of his cellmate.

Police say that inmate Jason Dickman was moved May 9 into a cell where other inmates were already being housed, including 40-year-old Sergio Dominguez.

Shortly after Dickman's arrival, Dominguez reportedly removed his inmate shirt and walked up behind Dickman as he was standing at a urinal.

Dominguez allegedly placed his shirt around Dickman’s neck and began to choke him. He continued to do so for several minutes.

A CCDC correction officer looked into the cell and saw Dominguez on top of Dickman. The correction officer called for assistance. After the other officers arrived, they entered the cell and removed Dominguez.

Dickman was transported to University Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased.

Dominguez told detectives that it was his intention to kill Dickman because of something he did in the next cell before he was moved and that he had no remorse for his death.

It is unknown what Dickman may have done or why he was in CCDC at the time.

Dominguez was facing burglary and arson charges at the time of the incident. He has now also been charged with open murder.

According to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, they responded to a house fire around 9:20 a.m. May 9 on Sawyer Avenue near Lake Mead Boulevard and Valley Drive.

LVFR says while they were still on the scene, fire dispatchers were notified by Las Vegas police that they had a man complaining of chest pains at another house down the street and that he may be connected to the house fire.

According to paramedics, Dominguez said he started the fire and stayed in the room with it filling with smoke. After the room filled with smoke, he ran from the scene.

He complained of chest pains and paramedics were concerned about possible smoke inhalation, so he was transported to University Medical Center.

After talking with Dominguez he was charged by arson investigators with first-degree arson. He was then taken to the detention center.

There were no other injuries in connection with the fire and it remains under investigation.