Local News


Firefighters try to save pet after house fire

Posted at 5:15 PM, Feb 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-26 09:00:58-05

A valley family lost one of their pets in a house fire near Windmill Lane and Maryland Parkway, according to relatives on scene. 

It happened on Thursday evening around 5 p.m.

"They got the wife out, while I tried to open the garage," said neighbor Bob Carnes.  

Dramatic cell phone video shows firefighters attempting to revive the animal by pumping on the dog's chest.

"I'm distraught over any animal that dies," said Darlene Carnes. 

Witnesses tell 13 Action News two of the dogs ran out of the home, but the third was scared and hiding. 

Firefighters reported heavy fire showing from the garage and adjacent bedroom of a two-story, single-family home.
The fire is under investigation and cost for damages have not been evaluated. 
NV Energy and Southwest Gas were notified to respond to assist with utilities. It is unknown at this time if the occupants will need the services of Red Cross.
There have been no other injuries reported.