LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — As back-to-school fast approaches, Cox Communications has announced new customers that qualify will receive Connect2Compete, the company's low-cost internet, for two months at no cost.
The company says new customers must sign up between July 21 and September 30 for free service, which also includes free technical support.
"Distance learning is the new normal, and we're focused on removing barriers so all kids can advance in this environment," said Pat Esser, president, and chief executive officer of Cox Communications. "The internet levels the playing field and there are kids that need us now more than ever."
A summary of enhancements and benefits of Cox's Connect2Compete program include:
- 2 months of free Connect2Compete service and remote desktop and phone support through Cox Complete Care for eligible new customers who apply between July 21 and September 30, $9.95/month thereafter
- Student and family access to the Cox Digital Academy, which provides computer literacy training and educational resources for students
- Free WiFi modem rental
- Access to over 3M+ Cox Hotspots nationwide
The Cox Connect2Compete program is available to families who:
- have at least one child that is a K-12 student at home
- participate in one of these government subsidies programs: The National School Lunch Program, SNAP, TANF, Head Start, WIC, LIHEAP, or Public Housing Families can qualify for Connect2Compete easily from anywhere whether on their mobile device or desktop by visiting www.cox.com/c2c.