The City of North Las Vegas is pleased to announce four new programs aimed at providing relief for City residents and businesses experiencing hardships related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For residents, the City is teaming up with local non-profits to provide the following programs:
- Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Social Seniors Meals 2 You Program
For Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance, the following eligibility requirements apply:
- Must have a gross annual household income that is at or below the maximum income limits. For short-term assistance, the Area Median Income (AMI) limit is 80%; for long-term assistance, the AMI limit is 50%.
- Must be a city of North Las Vegas resident and reside in a property located within the city limits of North Las Vegas.
- Must have a delinquency notice from landlord or mortgage company and documentation of financial hardship due to COVID-19 (i.e., loss of income, reduced hours, layoffs, etc.).
- Must show a lack of assets or savings to pay rent/mortgage.
- Anyone currently receiving a subsidy from another rental assistance program or living in public housing is ineligible.
To qualify for the Emergency Food Assistance and Social Seniors Meals 2 You programs, you must be a North Las Vegas resident and have a gross annual income that is at or below the 80% Area Median Income for your household size.
For more information about the programs, click here.