LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — For the first time in a long time, some people in the valley are back at a place where they can relax, have a good time and enjoy a movie at the movie theaters.
At Century Theaters inside the South Point hotel-casino, customers say they could not be happier to watch a movie and eat some delicious fast food.
For everyone, a welcome back to the movie theaters was enjoyable even with social distance guidelines in place.
According to Cinemark, each auditorium is disinfected every morning. Handrails and occupied seats, along with those on either side, are sanitized between showtimes.
13 Action News also saw how employees were cleaning other areas like kiosks and stands.
For moviegoers, the experience felt similar and different at the same time.
Either at the counter or at an automated kiosk, movie tickets were selling fast. Cellphones were also a good way to purchase them. People can use printed tickets or their phones to check-in.
“You can actually buy them online through the app, so it’s really simple, or you can come to the counter and there is hand sanitizer and you don’t even have to touch any buttons," said Melinda Farias.
Her husband, Manuel, was celebrating his birthday at the movies.
Some also rented their own auditorium to watch a “comeback classic” film with a group of friends or family, known as a private watch party.
“For like a $100 we’re just getting a group of friends together and have the theater to ourselves. So, it’s kind of cool that they’re offering that and it's like $5 a person, so it’s cheaper than a normal movie, just so we can get all together”, said Aleeya Villamor.
At the concession stands, there are several signs to enforce social distancing. Also, no cash is accepted.
Here are some of the protocols in place :
- Seat-Buffering Technology will automatically block seats adjacent to a party upon ticket purchase.
- Face masks are mandatory for all guests within the theatre and may only be removed for eating and drinking in the auditoriums.
- Cinemark is substantially raising the fresh air rate in its building HVAC systems by adding purge cycles and constantly using supply fans to increase total volume of fresh, outside air flowing into our theatres. All theatres utilize MERV filters in its HVAC systems.
- Cinemark vacuums are equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97 percent of microscopic particles, including COVID-19.
- All public and high-touch spaces, such as concession stands, door handles, drink stations, self-ticketing kiosks, benches and restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized every 30 minutes using products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
- Auditoriums will have limited capacities that meet or exceed local ordinances.
- Guests who are not feeling well are asked to stay home, and Cinemark will gladly provide a full ticket refund.
More information from Cinemark is also available here.