Local NewsCoronavirus

Actions

Las Vegas Councilwoman Michele Fiore speaks out about COVID-19 during meeting

Posted at 2:53 PM, Sep 02, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-03 02:01:07-04

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — City of Las Vegas Councilwoman Michele Fiore had a few things to say Wednesday about COVID-19 during a city council meeting.

Fiore started out by saying she is still not in agreement with the ambassador program.

Her previous comments about the program is one reason that the COVID-19 task force for Nevada decided to extend the restrictions on local bars during a meeting almost 2 weeks ago.

PREVIOUS STORY: Tensions rising between Las Vegas leaders and Nevada COVID-19 task force

She also talked about how the Centers for Disease Control are changing their directions related to the novel coronavirus “every 5 minutes" and no one knows what to believe anymore. Fiore also brought up a recent post by the CDC that said only 6% of people are directly dying as a result of the virus and the other 94% are dying because of major underlying conditions.

ABC News shared an Associated Press article on Aug. 31 stating the CDC did not reduce the death count related to COVID-19.

RELATED STORY: Fauci pushes back against minimizing of coronavirus death toll

She pointed out that the local homeless population has “less positive tests” than “germaphobes” because they play in the dirt like children.

Additionally, Fiore talked about how the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation is dealing with a broken system and there are still people suffering because they have been waiting on money since March.

RELATED: Former insiders dispute DETR claim computer system is antiquated

The councilwoman also seems to believe that businesses are being targeted for their political affiliations and that incidents of domestic violence and child abuse have increased as a result of COVID-19.

You can hear her full remarks by watching the video in the player above.