The last place you want to see a cockroach is at a restaurant.
A viewer sent Channel 13 a video of a cockroach on the soda fountain at a local fast-rood restaurant. The video has also gone viral on Facebook.
If you happen to be in a restaurant and see something that you think is dangerous or sanitary, do more than take a video or photo.
Contact the Southern Nevada Health District. They will send a health inspector within 3 days of receiving a complaint to check out the situation. And if the restaurant receives a very bad grade, we might just send Darcy Spears out to investigate.
Click here for information on how to contact the health district.
A McDonald's spokesperson provided the following statement:
“Restaurant cleanliness is one of our top priorities. After being alerted about this video, we immediately contacted our pest control company to inspect and service the restaurant. The Southern Nevada Health District also conducted an inspection. Neither entity found evidence to support the activity depicted in this video."