One child was severely burned by fireworks during an Independence Day celebration Monday night.
Officials say a large party was using illegal fireworks at a home near Grand Teton Drive and Buffalo Drive.
Some fireworks fell over and shot into the garage, burning a little girl. The child was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
"What was scary is that that could have been anyone else's house," said neighbor Michelle Lange. "That could have been anyone else's child or another person."
Other people were supposedly injured by the fireworks but fled the scene when first responders arrived.
A neighbor sent me this photo, taken moments after that party ended. pic.twitter.com/leRZtZfmtc
— Parker Collins (@parkercollinstv) July 5, 2016
The incident is under investigation by the Las Vegas Fire Department and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Abuse and Neglect unit.