A pair of roommates were disturbed to find their cat was fighting for his life after he was allegedly choked Thanksgiving day.
Diana Jenkins and Marius Pauer found Melvin struggling to breathe with a bloody nose the day after Thanksgiving.
"He looked like somebody roughed him up pretty good," said Jenkins.
Jenkins brought Melvin to see a veterinarian, who agreed, Melvin appeared to have been choked.
"His breathing scared me to death," said Jenkins. "I thought for sure that we were going to lose him because he couldn't breathe, it was like a choking sound."
After a steroid shot, Melvin's swelling of the throat went down and he was able to eat, drink, and meow again.
The roommates put up fliers describing what happened near Nellis and Owens. They hope someone saw something and that the person responsible will be caught.
"I would love nothing more than to show them what it feels like to have someone hurt you and you're defenseless and you can not do anything about it, maybe that will happen to them someday because karma comes around."
The same day Melvin was allegedly choked, one of the neighbors had their three dogs stolen from their porch.
It is unclear if the incidents are related.