LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The world-wide sensation to storm Area 51, one of the most secure facilities on planet Earth, will not have an encore in 2020 and the ongoing global pandemic is to blame.
Connie West tells 13 Investigates she was planning to hold a repeat of the event which sparked international interest and intrigue last year, but travel restrictions, public health concerns and sponsorship troubles forced her to scrap the plans, for now.
West went before Lincoln County commissioners Monday and was scheduled to give a presentation about the event in preparation for a special event permit.
West said the current public health crisis took priority over anything else.
The event was scheduled for Sept. 10-12 in Rachel, which is just outside of the infamous military base which some believe houses government secrets and alien-related items.
13 Investigates has reported the naming rights and use of “Alienstock” are the subject of litigation by Matty Roberts, the man behind the initial, viral idea to Storm Area 51 and his business partner Frank DiMaggio.
West says the lawsuit is in the discovery phase with a projected trial date of Feb. 2021.
West says her family-run business, The Little A’Le’Inn, remains open, but business has slowed due to travel restrictions.
West adds the business, which consists of a restaurant, bar, and about a dozen rooms for rent, is abiding by all of the Governor’s directives.
The property, she says, was recently remodeled.
13 Investigates spoke to DiMaggio by phone who confirms he was on the conference call with Lincoln County commissioners and West on Monday.
DiMaggio says he objects and continues to object to the use of “Alienstock.”
DiMaggio adds “Alienstock” was to hold an event in June at the Downtown Las Vegas Events center, but that has been put on hold due to COVID-19.
There are no additional events using the Alienstock name for the rest of the year, according to DiMaggio.