Local News


UPDATE: School helps family impacted by fire

8-year-old boy rescues family of 7 in house fire
Posted at 5:16 PM, Mar 15, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-20 20:40:02-04

UPDATE ON MARCH 20: All Saints Day School is chipping in to help out Adrian and his mom. Adrian is a student at the school and his mom, known as Miss Jasmine, is a teacher.

Few would turn to their boss for comfort, but the All Saints Day community acts as a family. Jasmine first contacted the school's director the very night her home was destroyed by the fire. They stayed on the phone for hours.

"The next day, [Jasmine] came to work to see what she needed to do for her class," said Elizabeth Santa-Cruz, All Saints Day School director. "Of course we sent her back and told her 'don't worry about work.' That's the last thing she needs to worry about."

The school is collecting donations all week for the family. Jasmine's students say they miss her and pray for her daily.


LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- 8-year-old Adrian Boone-Sierra's quick thinking saved his little brother and the rest of his family when their house caught fire near Sahara Avenue and Paradise Road.

His family says a candle that was in his room fell over causing the fire Monday.

Adrian quickly woke up to a room engulfed in flames. He says without even thinking, he grabbed his 3-year-old little brother Cameron's arm and dragged him outside and also woke up his other family members.

"I love my brother," he says. "I knew if I told [the adults] first instead of him, the flames would have reached him."

Everyone was able to get out safely. His aunt is grateful he was able to think quickly.

The family has lost almost everything in the fire. The only things to make it out were a few of Adrian's Harry Potter books.

The family has been staying at the home of his aunt's boss through Wednesday, but now they're looking for hotels.

They've created a GoFundMe page to support the family.