Three dogs have died after being stung by bees Thursday morning.
According to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, the incident happened around 11 a.m. in the 6700 block of Walla Walla Drive, near Alta Drive and Rainbow Boulevard. When firefighters arrived, a man was standing out in the street holding a dog that appeared to be lifeless. Firefighters immediately started treatment on the dog.
The dog appeared to have been stung several hundred times and was unconscious. Two other small dogs were also stung and brought out by firefighters; all of the dogs were taken to an animal hospital that was just down the street. The injuries to the three dogs appeared to be critical enough that the family that owns the dogs decided they should be put down.
BEE UPDATE: TOC: 11:04AM. The family of the 3 dogs that had an encounter with bees on Walla Walla Dr has advised me that the Vet has put the 3 dogs down. Uncertainty about their injuries, one was very critical, it was decided that was best for the dogs by the family. #PIO1News
— Tim Szymanski (@firepeio) September 6, 2018
The dogs' owner was also stung by the bees.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said the bees came from a storage box in the neighbor's yard.