A two-story home caught fire in North Las Vegas on Sunday.
North Las Vegas firefighters say the fire happened in the 6200 block of Standing Elm Street, Near Centennial Parkway and Bruce Street. They were notified about the fire around 2:13 p.m. and had it out within 10 minutes after they arrived.
According to the tweet, the fire started in the garage, but flames spread to the kitchen and the second floor.
Investigators determined that the fire was started by children playing with candles.
Though there were no injuries, the fire caused $100,000 in damage. The family vehicle, the garage, and the kitchen all suffered fire damage, and smoke damage was found throughout the home.
#NLVFD at 6200 block of Standing Elm st. For a two story home fire that started in the garage and extended to the kitchen and second floor. Home sustained significant smoke and fire damage. No injuries, to report, and still under investigation. pic.twitter.com/fgGDdzZkiP
— CNLV Fire Department (@NLVFirePIO) March 25, 2018
Two adults and six children were displaced by the fire. The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.