Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken
Chef Gerard Viverito
This makes a total of 2 servings of Low Carb Crispy Fried Chicken.
Each serving comes out to be 575 Calories, 32.11g Fats, 1.07g Net Carbs, and 66.04g Protein.
12 ounces chicken breast, cut in half
½ cup crushed pork rinds
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 tsp black pepper
3½ TBSP Sustainable Palm Oil
1. Crush up your pork rinds in a Ziploc bag.
2. In a bowl, put your pork rind crumbs, 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
3. In another bowl, crack an egg and scramble it well.
4. Mix the pork rind ingredients up to make sure it will coat the chicken evenly.
5. Dip your chicken into the egg mixture, then dip it into the pork rind crumb mixture. We're doing a double dip to ensure there will be a nice crust. Dip it in the egg mixture again, and again into the pork rinds.
6. Pour oil in a sauté pan. Turn to medium high heat and let it get hot.
7. Once the oil is hot, place your chicken in pan. We want to make sure the crust gets nice and crisp. Let it cook for 2 minutes each side depending on thickness
8. Turn your heat down to the lowest setting, and let your chicken cook for about 6-7 minutes per side (depending on thickness of the chicken breast). Cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees
Spicy mayo and slaw:
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Louisiana-style hot pepper sauce
3 scoops fiber powder
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1/2 cup bread-and-butter pickle slices, plus 1/4 cup pickle juice
For spicy mayo and slaw:
Mix all together cover and chill.