One employee was injured when a part of a stage at Electric Daisy Carnival caught fire early Sunday morning.
The Clark County Fire Department said a propane-fueled pyrotechnic device failed to operate properly and ignited parts of one stage and some surrounding speakers.
— ? (@TheGraciez) June 19, 2016
Stage employees were unsuccessful in their attempts to extinguish the fire and one received minor burn injuries. Stand-by crews from the Clark County Fire Department were able to get the fire under control, limiting its spread to other areas of the stage and preventing a significant fire from occurring.
A total of 17 firefighting personnel and 12 fire inspectors are assigned to EDC each night. These firefighters staff two fire engines, one ladder truck, two paramedic rescue units, three personnel in various command positions and provide oversight of the dozens of pyrotechnic displays that run throughout the event.