Here is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley:
1. Morels Steakhouse & Bistro is hosting a Meet the Winemaker with Akiko Freeman of Freeman Vineyard & Winery this Friday, Aug. 10, from 5-7 p.m. as part of their Women of Wine program. Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting and learn more about the award-winning wine for $30 a person.
2. The Mediterranean restaurant Bok Bok Chicken is celebrating opening of its first restaurant in Las Vegas on Aug. 11 by offering customers free food and by supporting local nonprofit Project 150. The opening event will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. Signature dishes include beef shawerma, rotisserie chicken, and made-to-order falafel. Bok Bok will also make its own pita bread fresh each day and offer a diverse variety of beverages including Tan and Sumac lemonade. The restaurant is at 7501 W. Lake Mead Blvd. near Buffalo Drive.
3. The High Roller at The LINQ and Ethel M Chocolates is bringing back the in-cabin, 30-minute chocolate tasting experience. This tasting experience allows guests to learn about the origins of chocolate and how the pieces were created with attention to the aroma, taste and texture while enjoying iconic views of the Las Vegas Strip from 550 feet above Las Vegas Boulevard. Includes one complimentary beverage. Cost is $45 per person for ages 7 and over. Upgrade option with purchase of ticket for $15. Offered 5 to 8 p.m. Thursdays.
4. Celebrate National Filet Mignon Day on Aug. 13 at Morton's The Steakhouse . They will be serving petit filet sandwiches for just $1 in the bar area. The miniature sandwiches are made with premium USDA Prime-Aged filet mignon. Customers can pair the sandwiches with bar bites include spinach and artichoke dip with toasted French bread croutons, shishito peppers and mini crab cake BLTs.
5. Oscar's Steakhouse at The Plaza is also celebrating National Filet Mignon Day Aug. 13 by offering 2 specials. Diners can choose from a special 12 oz. filet stuffed with blue cheese or a filet mignon trio consisting of three 4 oz. filets that are blackened, grilled with lobster bordelaise, and bacon wrapped. Each filet mignon special is $48. These specials are in addition to Joey C’s filet mignon (available as an 8 oz. or 12 oz. filet), a longtime favorite on the regular dinner menu.
6. National Rum Day is Aug. 16. Tom's Urban has several rum concoctions to choose from including Blackbeard (Capitan Morgan Spiced Rum and our house-made blackberry ginger ale with fresh blackberries), Tom’s Collins (Bacardi rum, cucumber, mint, Tom’s lemon sour), and more.
7. Ri Ra Las Vegas is celebrating National Potato Day on Aug. 19 with a variety of potato dishes from Aug. 13 through 19 at special prices. Starters include Irish Cheddar Croquettes for $13 and Potato and Leek Soup for $5. Mains include the Potato Banger Skillet with champ potatoes and Irish sausage for $17 and Pork and Spud Bowl with colcannon mashed potatoes, braised cabbage and roasted pork tenderloin for $21.
8. Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken is offering the Red Hot Sandwich just for the month of August. The sandwich features crispy fried chicken cayenne and buttermilk, double breaded, smothered in tangy sriracha and chile sauce, then topped with pickled cucumbers and creamy ranch dressing, this sizzling sandwich is bringing the heat to the table this summer ($9.25) If spicy isn’t your thing, BRFC has a list of other sandwiches that are sure to please, such as The Rancher made with the classic crispy fried chicken, topped with bacon and ranch dressing ($8.75) or The Pit made with the classic crispy fried chicken, then layered with aged cheddar, smoked bacon and BBQ Sauce ($9.75).
9. Nacho Daddy is going Greek with the new special My Big Fat Greek Nacho between now and Sept. 3. My Big Fat Greek Nacho features lamb, melted jack cheese, white queso, cucumber pico, crumbled feta, and drizzled tzatziki served with crispy pita chips for $13.95. This specialty nacho is perfected paired with Nacho Daddy’s Vino-Rita (Casamigos blanco, triple sec, house-made sweet & sour, topped with Cabernet) for an additional $7.
10. SkinnyFATS is inviting guests to try three of its spiciest menu items on Aug. 19 for National Hot & Spicy Food Day. Stuff on Curry (mild) is made with ice noodles, roasted corn, peppers, basil, jalapenos, coconut curry sauce and crispy chickpeas. Caulifire (medium) features cauliflower, buffalo sauce, pico de gallo and cilantro yogurt. Blaze of Thunder (blazing) features crispy hot Nashville chicken, creamy slaw and pickles on a toasted brioche bun.
11. CommunEATy , a new kind of social gathering, is hosting an exclusive late-night dining experience at Andre's Bistro & Bar at 11 p.m. Aug 25. Scott Green, corporate director of culinary operations, Golden Gaming, Chris Bulen and Chef de Cuisine Kevin Lopez, Andre’s Bistro & Bar, along with Executive Chef Sean Rainaldi, Flower Child, and Executive Chef Antonio Nunez, The Stove, will create this social dining experience. Tickets are $88 plus.
12. Therapy restaurant is celebrating National Waffle Day on Aug. 24 by highlighting their Red Velvet Chicken and Waffle Sliders. Therapy offers the unique sandwich consisting of buttermilk battered fried chicken breast, red pepper remoulade slaw and house-made vanilla syrup, sandwiched between freshly made red velvet waffles, priced at $16.
13. Boathouse Asian Eatery has opened at Palace Station. The Asian-inspired restaurant seats 200 people, has a large cocktail bar, a 14-seat sushi bar and 6-seat noodle bar. The eclectic menu features small plates, soups, wok and steamed options, shellfish, Sonoma County wines, sake, and more. The new restaurant is part of Palace Station's makeover. They also recently unveiled their all-new Feast Buffet.
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup, send an email with details and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.