Here is a list of 13 things to do this week in Las Vegas for the week of Sept. 1 through 7.
1. First Friday, a free music/art/food festival in Downtown Las Vegas, is unveiling a new layout this month. Most of the artists will be located on the 1st Street promenade with food vendors on Art Way and live art area on Boulder Avenue. There is also a new premium parking area.
2. The Altons are performing at a Labor Day Weekend pool party on Sept. 1 at The Artisan. They will be joined by We Are Pancakes, Los Ataskados, Jessica Manalo and The Basswid Poets. Free show.
3. Local favorites Avalon Landing, Hidden Levels and Echo Stains perform Sept. 1 at Bunkhouse Saloon. Avalon Landing recently released a new EP titled "Let What You Love Kill You."
4. Collective Soul performs Sept. 1 on Fremont Street. Part of the summer concert series. Collective Soul hits include "Shine," "December," "Heavy" and "Run." Free concert. Better Than Ezra performs Sunday night.
5. Dress up as your favorite pop culture character and join other pop culture enthusiasts for a weekend of fun at the LV Pop Culture Expo at Cashman Center. Appearances by wrestler Kevin Nash and Sam J. Jones, better known as Flash Gordon. Artists booths, vendors, cosplay contest and more.
6. Raiders fans might want to check out the Raiders Fan Convention on Sept. 2 at Westgate hotel-casino. Live entertainment by Knoc-turn'al, Dem Raider Boyz, 4-DUB and DJ West; appearance by Super Bowl champion Mike Davis; a variety of vendors; Gorilla Rilla and other super fans; and a free raffle for kids.
7. If you love wine, head to Town Square on Sept. 2 for New Vista's Wine Walk. There will be 15 tasting stations offering an eclectic mix of wine varietals and even some specialty cocktails, sake or craft beer. 100 percent of proceeds will benefit New Vista.
8. Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers perform Sept. 2 at The Stratosphere. The band's music has been described as a cros between alternative rock, pop, Americana, reggae and mariachi.
9. For the 4th year in a row, comedian and actor Kevin Hart and HartBeat Productions is bringing HartBeat Weekend to The Cosmopolitan on Sept. 2. Hart will be joined by Dave Chappell, Usher and others. Portion of proceeds will benefit BrittiCares International. There will also be a pool party at Topgolf's Hideaway Pool at 1 p.m. Sept. 3.
10. Actor and comedian Rob Schneider performs Sept. 2 at the Tropicana. Schneider has appeared in more than 50 movies and recently completed filming "The Ridiculous Six" with Adam Sandler.
11. Slime Sundays are now happening at The Bubblegum Gallery. The gallery will provide all the materials to make goldfish slime on Sept. 3. $10 per person, limited seating. All ages welcome.
12. Sept. 3 is Free Movie Night at the West Wind Drive-In. In addition to free movies, there are tons of family-friendly activities and music. Get there early for a good spot!
13. If you have always wanted to sing with a live band, here's your chance. Rockstar Karaoke happens every first Sunday at Redneck Riviera on the Las Vegas Strip. Hundreds of songs to choose from.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.