Doughnut Day: Tasty doughnut facts you probably didn't know
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- In honor of National Doughnut Day (June 7), the employees at WhitePages have complied a list of doughnut facts you probably didn't know about.
Apparently 10 people in the United States have the name Doughnut, while Boston holds the record for most doughnut shops per person.
Grab a doughnut and enjoy reading some interesting facts about the sweet treats.
Courtesy of names.whitepages.com:
- 10 people in the U.S. have the name Doughnut/Donut
- 95 people in the U.S. have the name Longjohn
- 12 people in the U.S. have the name Bearclaw
- 498 people in the U.S. have the name Sprinkles
- 470 people in the U.S. have the name Fritter
- 1634 people in the U.S. have the name Sugar
Most doughnut crazed cities in America (courtesy of Yelp)?
- #1 Boston: One doughnut shop for every 2480 people/250 shops total
- #2 Long Beach, CA: One doughnut shop for every 3932 people/117 shops total
- #3 Dallas: One doughnut shop for every 5825 people/206 shops total
- #4 Sacramento, CA: One doughnut shop for every 5974 people/77 shops total
- #5 Forth Worth, TX: One doughnut shop for every 6016 people/123 shops total
Top 7 doughnut destinations:
- VooDoo Doughnuts, Portland, OR: Known for wacky flavors such as Froot Loop and Bacon
- Gourdough's, Austin, TX: The shop puts the saying "bigger is better" into its doughnuts
- Doughnut Plant, New York, NY: All a doughnut needs is high quality ingredients
- Peter Pan Bakery, New York, NY: The shop offers $1 doughnuts for their guilty pleasures
- Federal Donut, Philadelphia, PA: Weekend lines prove how yummy these doughnuts are
- Round Rock Donuts, Round Rock, TX: Could you eat a doughnut the size of your head?
- Dominique Ansel Bakery, New York, NY: The half croissant, half doughnut concoctions are driving New Yorkers crazy