Garage fire in northwest Valley ruled accidental
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Two adults were displaced after a fire gutted the garage of their northwest Las Vegas home.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue were called to the home around 7:30 p.m. Friday at 8232 Maplestar Road.
When firefighters arrived, heavy flames and smoke were showing from the garage of the two-story house.
The fire gutted the garage and has been ruled accidental.
Damage was estimated at $10,000.
One of the residents was home at the time of the fire. He noticed the Internet service to his computer kept going out and then he heard noises from the garage.
When he opened the door from the interior of the home to the garage, he found the garage full of smoke. He evacuated the home.
It's unclear what started the fire, but the resident told firefighters he was in the garage earlier smoking and trying to get a stereo system to work.
There were no injuries in connection with the incident.
Cell phone video, courtesy of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue, shows the scene of the fire.