7 massage parlors shut down in Henderson
Henderson, NV (KTNV) -- Seven massage parlors in Henderson were shut down this week after police say they were caught breaking the law.
Several complaints into the Henderson Police Department prompted an investigation into the operations of local massage parlors.
Complaints included reports that websites were advertising 24-hour services, a violation of Henderson Municipal Code.
Police said compliance checks were completed at 39 licensed massage and reflexology businesses on Monday and Tuesday.
Officers checked to make sure they were not open past 10 p.m. and the exterior windows were not tinted or covered.
Of the 39 businesses checked, seven were in violation of those regulations.
The businesses that failed were:
- 7 Sunny Massage on Lake Mead Parkway
- Sunbright Massage & Spa on West Warm Springs Road
- #8 Foot Reflexology on West Warm Springs Road
- Ling Spa on West Sunset Road
- The Spa YI on East Sunset Road
- Sunset Spa on East Sunset Road
- Sunshine Massage on North Stephanie Street
Employees at those locations were cited for offering services after 10 p.m. and face penalties of up to six months in jail and fines.
The businesses cited must remain closed until they meet with the city of Henderson Business License Supervisor.