Blaze that killed man in Vegas ruled accidental
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Authorities say smoke from an accidental fire that likely started in the kitchen caused the death of a man in an apartment north of downtown Las Vegas.
Firefighters responding to the fire near East Bonanza Road and North Maryland Parkway late Wednesday night found flames coming from a second-story apartment. Three nearby homes were evacuated.
Crews quickly put out the blaze and found a body on the floor of the bedroom.
Authorities said Thursday night that the blaze was probably caused by a faulty refrigerator and it quickly spread to the bedroom.
An autopsy showed the victim died of products produced by fire, mainly smoke and carbon monoxide.
The victim's name hasn't been released.