Fire caused by dryer damages east Henderson home
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A fire damaged a home in Henderson on Thursday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the home near Ash and Lake Mead Parkway at about 12:30 p.m.
Crews on scene found heavy flames showing from the rear of the home, extending to the roof. Firefighters entered the home, found the source of the blaze and were able to extinguish the flames.
All occupants were able to escape the home uninjured.
Investigators believe the blaze was linked to a dryer unit.
A city building inspector, NV Energy and Southwest Gas were called in to ensure the safety of the home.
The American Red Cross was called in to help the two adults and three children involved.
No damage estimate was given.