13 Things to Know About SXSW V2V in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- South by Southwest Conferences and Festivals just announced the addition of SXSW V2V in Las Vegas next summer. Here are 13 things to know about the event:
1. SXSW V2V will take place at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas August 11-14, 2013.
2. According to SXSW, the "V2V' stands for many things: Visionaries to Vegas, Vision to Venture, Voice to Voice, Venture to Vegas.
3. SXSW V2V plans to bring together startup and venture capital communities, focusing on "the creative spark that drives entrepreneurial innovation."
4. Why Las Vegas? "Las Vegas is repositioning itself as a hub for innovators and digital creatives," SXSW interactive director Hugh Forrest said. "We are excited about the new energy in this city. This is the perfect place for this small, offshoot event to find its voice and grow as the Las Vegas tech scene emerges onto the national scene."
5. As the event nears, organizers will be sending out newsletter updates. Click here to sign up to receive them.
6. SXSW V2V will feature several speakers along with mentorship and coaching. Those interested in getting involved can learn more here.
7. Entrepreneurs will have a chance to pitch their product or service during SXSW V2V's innovative pitch competition beginning in January. Learn more here.
8. The original annual event takes place in Austin, Texas in March. The Vegas technology community plans to have a presence at that event as well.
10. The technology-focused conference won't be strictly business. SXSW V2V plans to host several themed lounges, snack breaks, and special events to foster networking and new connections outside of a formal setting.
11. SXSW V2V is asking marketers interested in being a part of the event to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for opportunities.
12. The fledgling event will also need volunteers to be a success. Anyone interested in volunteering at SXSW V2V is encouraged to email email@example.com.
13. Ready to sign up? A discounted registration rate for SXSW V2V is is available until December 14.