Nevada judge opens Vegas Sands sanctions hearing
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A Nevada judge says she may penalize Las Vegas Sands Corp. lawyers, and maybe the casino company itself, for failing to disclose documents to opposing attorneys representing a fired former Macau casino executive in a civil breach of contract lawsuit.
Clark County District Court Judge Elizabeth Gonzalez opened a scheduled three-day hearing on Monday saying she found little case law on which to base fines against lawyers and the company.
The judge said last June that she won't send anyone to jail.
Gonzalez is upset that lawyers for Sands Macau LTD and for its parent company failed to disclose last year to Jacobs' legal team and to her that some documents they were seeking in the case had already been brought to Las Vegas from the Chinese enclave.