Careless smoking blamed on Brush Street apartment fire
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Firefighters were called to an apartment fire Saturday afternoon.
It happened around 12:30 p.m. at the Alpine Village apartment complex on Brush Street, near Decatur and Charleston Boulevards.
When crews arrived, fire was showing from an upstairs apartment on the balcony area of a two-story wood frame building with four apartments.
The American Red Cross is assisting two adults and one teen who were displaced.
No injuries were reported.
Crews told Action News a resident improperly put out a cigarette, which caused the fire, but it appeared to be accidental.
The fire gutted the balcony and extended into the living room and kitchen area. Damage is estimated at $25,000.
This is the second fire the family has suffered in the past two years. Two years ago, they lost just about everything following a cooking fire.