Discarded cigarette blamed for apartment fire
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Clark County Firefighters were called to an apartment fire at 3200 Arville Street Saturday night.
The first crews arriving on the scene found a second-floor apartment fire.
The fire was located in a utility closet on the balcony. Firefighters extinguished the fire after it caused $20,000 damage to the apartment.
Only the one resident was displaced by the fire.
The resident conceded to fire personnel that he had discarded a cigarette near the utility closet.
Investigators believe this is the cause of the fire.