10 displaced by fire near Bruce and Bonanza
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Firefighters were called to a late night fire that displaced ten people.
It happened around 11:20 p.m. Monday night, at 1704 Poplar Avenue, near Bruce Street and Bonanza Road.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded to a report of a motor home on fire, with it spreading to two homes.
When crews arrived, they found the motor home fully engulfed in flames with fire extending to a main home on the property and a small guest house nearby.
It took firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.
The guest house and motor home were destroyed, and the main home was also damaged. Damage is estimated at $75,000.
Investigators determined the fire started in the guest home due to unattended cooking. There were no utilities connected to the guest house; candles were being used for lighting and a camping stove for cooking.
The camping stove was being used and the occupant left to go to the store and didn't shut it off.
Six adults and four kids were displaced. The American Red Cross is assisting.
One firefighter was hurt when a nail went through their boot. No other injuries were reported.