Apartment fire on Wynn Road caused by stove cooking
Clark County, NV (KTNV) -- The Clark County Fire Department responded to a fire late Friday night at an apartment complex.
It happened just before midnight at the Lake Charlotte Apartments at 3120 Wynn Road, near Valley View Boulevard and Desert Inn Road. The building is a two-story eight-plex apartment building.
When firefighters arrived, heavy fire and smoke was coming from one of the apartments. Residents said the building had been evacuated.
The fire caused smoke and fire damage to several apartments, with estimates between $5,000 and $50,000.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators say a cooking fire on top of a stove started the fire.
It displaced the occupants of one apartment; two adults and four children.