Fire reported at condo building on Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Clark County firefighters responded to a fire at a condo complex on Las Vegas Boulevard near Sahara on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire started in a 33rd-floor unit of the Sky Las Vegas building, across from Circus Circus, just after 4:30 p.m.
A spokesperson for the county said an unattended stove started the fire.
The 32nd and 33rd floors were evacuated temporarily due to smoke.
The fire was put out quickly and no injuries were reported. The residents of the unit are displaced temporarily as a result of the damage, which officials estimate at $140,000.
Due to the building's location, the southbound lanes of Las Vegas Boulevard were closed to traffic for about an hour as fire crews responded to the blaze.
All lanes were later reopened.