House fire caused by careless misuse of fireworks
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) – A family of five was forced out of their home Tuesday night after their house caught fire. Clark County Fire Department fire fighters responded to the scene near Cactus Avenue and Decatur Boulevard and determined the cause to be a teenager misusing fireworks.
This is the first firework-related fire in Clark County’s jurisdiction during this week’s holiday. County officials told Action News that the teenager was playing with fireworks inside the home when the fire started.
There were no injuries, but we are told that the damage to the two-story home amounted to about $150,000.
County officials want to remind everyone how dangerous fireworks can be and stress the importance of adults being in control of fireworks at all times.