Las Vegas apartment fire caused by careless smoking
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Las Vegas Fire and Rescue responded to an apartment fire Sunday morning.
It happened on South Martin L. King Boulevard, near Dessert Lane and I-15 just before 9 a.m.
Fire dispatchers received a number of calls that a window air conditioner was on fire in an apartment.
When crews arrived, they entered the apartment and found the fire in a bedroom. It was extinguished in less than three minutes.
Damage was confined to one bedroom and is estimated at $10,000.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
However, two dogs died in the small fire.
Fire investigators have ruled the fire to be accidental; the result of careless smoking. They believe it started on the bed and then moved into the air conditioner.