You Ask. We Investigate.
First Friday vendors get approved to be back downtown
First Friday was in full swing in Downtown Las Vegas, and the party included more than two dozen vendors who were kicked out of their usual spots more than a month ago. Video by ktnv.comvideo
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- First Friday was in full swing in Downtown Las Vegas, and the party included more than two dozen vendors who were kicked out of their usual spots more than a month ago.
Not part of the official First Friday event, Handmade in Vegas has a permit to use a lot nearby.
Many of those vendors spend the whole month creating their one-of-a-kind items, but last month, many of those items went unsold after the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department denied their permit because they didn't approve of their safety plan.
With no place to go, they contacted Action News for help. Hours later, the official First Friday event had given some space to a few of the vendors for free.
Still, the group filed an appeal with the city.
The group said after the city reviewed their appeal, they ultimately decided that Handmade in Vegas had enough adequate security the entire time. However, the city did place one new requirement; they must add a crossing guard at the intersection of Casino Center and Charleston.
Handmade in Vegas said they aren't sure if they're going to have to revisit this issue again next month.
They did say, however, that several new vendors participated in the event Friday after seeing Action News' initial report last month.