Unattended candle causes fire at Henderson home
An unattended candle caused a fire in a Henderson home at about 4:46 a.m. this morning near the intersection of Valley Verde and Windmill Road. Video by ktnv.comvideo
Henderson, NV (KTNV) -- An unattended candle caused a fire in a Henderson home at about 4:46 a.m. Friday near the intersection of Valley Verde and Windmill Road.
The occupants of the two-story home were awakened by smoke detectors and discovered flames spreading up the wall and across the ceiling. They called 911 and quickly exited the residence.
An adult female was treated on scene for smoke inhalation.
There were no other injuries to civilians, firefighters or pets.
The American Red Cross was called in to assist with the placement of the occupants of the house.
The candle that started the fire was left burning on a nightstand in a bedroom.
Damage is estimated at a total of $35,000.