Lawyer prepares for massive salmonella lawsuit
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- As the amount of people who say they got sick with salmonella after eating at Firefly continues to add up, so do the amount of lawsuits filed against the restaurant.
We spoke with attorney Ron Simon, who has taken on more than 50 clients from across the United States, Canada and the UK, all of them claiming they suffered through salmonella after eating at Firefly on Paradise.
The attorney, a specialist in food poisoning cases, says the evidence is so solid; he's planning to bankrupt and exterminate every Firefly in the valley.
“You must understand that salmonella comes from one place, and that's from human or animal feces. So at the end of the day, you have a kitchen that was putting feces in food, and there's no excuse for that, “ said Ron Simon, Managing Partner of Simon & Luke.
Firefly plans to open a new location just a few hundred feet down the street from their Paradise location.
The owner has said that after going through some recommended retraining on operations and procedures he's optimistic the restaurant will able to regain the confidence of the community.