Desert Gardening: An Introduction (adults only)
The Lecture, presented by Master Gardener, Howard Galin, will cover the special steps needed to have success in home gardening in a desert environment. The students will be introduced to types of plants that can be grown successfully as well as gardening techniques and procedures that will provide a positive environment for successful gardening. Areas to be covered will include soil conditioning , watering techniques and specific plants and trees best-adapted to our area.
1. The Desert Bioscape
2. Soils (beyond just "dirt): How to improve and amend through fertilization and nutrition
3. Irrigation techniques for desert plants
4. identifying plants/shrubs and trees suited for desert gardening (Native plants versus "adapted)
5. How to plant and care for your plants, trees and shrubs?
6. Landscape design with desert plants
Meeting in the conference room. Please register at mypubliclibrary.com or call 492-6580. Event is free and open to the public.
Paseo Verde Library
280 S. Green Valley Parkway, Henderson, NV 89012